I know, it’s a hideous-sounding thing….kind of what your six-year old would say when tasting your spinach smoothie. Or maybe what goes in the thought bubble above Snoopy’s head? But a business blog is an incredibly cost-effective way to add fresh content to your website, and there is a direct and profound connection between fresh content and building link popularity (“the total number of web sites that link to your site”). The benefits of a business blog are numerous:
- drive traffic to your website
- identify yourself and your firm as an authority in your field
- provide helpful resources and information to differentiate your business from competitors
- connect with customers with a more personal voice
- engage clients in an interactive dialogue through comments
- attract a social media following
Most busy entrepreneurs and business owners are rightly focused on their primary objective: meeting the needs of their varied stakeholders and doing the job they are hired to do. Many rely on referrals for additional business, and intend to enhance their online presence…..SOMEDAY!
According to Hubspot, a business blog is central to a successful inbound marketing strategy that will help you get found and generate more inbound leads online. They offer 6 reasons your business needs to blog:
1. Build thought leadership by showing your expertise and becoming a go-to resource for prospects and media.
2. Get SEO (search engine optimization) value for each blog article, resulting in more opportunities to get found online.
3. Engage in a dialogue with customers and prospects through blog comments. Host conversations and respond to issues or questions.
4. Attract social media followers. Businesses that blog enjoy more social media reach because they have content to share.
5. Generate more leads online. A HubSpot study found that businesses that blog generate more than 67% more leads online compared to businesses that don’t blog.
6. Humanize your brand by giving your company a voice of the people behind your brand.
It can be daunting to enter the world of business blogging without assistance. At times, it can feel that there is TOO MUCH information available, making getting started overwhelming. Let us help you tap into the potential to position yourself as the expert in your field with customized, professional content targeted to your industry or specialty.